Saturday 10 September 2005

Seven things before breakfast

The seven things meme, pinched from Ruth:

7 things I plan to do before I die:
  1. Write a novel. Or two.
  2. Visit every building by John Soane, Carlo Scarpa, Rudolph Schindler, Richard Neutra, Thomas Jefferson, Bruce Goff, Louis Sullivan, Pier Luigi Nervi, Santiago Calatrava, Felix Candela and Frank Lloyd Wright--and then a) write a book about the link betweeen them all, and b) design a building at least as good as all of them.
  3. Attend Bayreuth's Wagner Festival and go to every single session; and then visit the Rodin Museum ... when it's open.
  4. Watch at least one AFL final live.
  5. Own an original Newberry, and an original David Knowles.
  6. Pass a law allowing capital punishment for spammers.
  7. Make it possible to introduce a Constitution for New Freeland.
  8. Drive an E-Type Jag across Europe.
  9. Change the rules of a meme once I've started. :0)
7 things I can do:
  1. Talk nonsense.
  2. Build a house.
  3. Design a house.
  4. Talk nonsense to planners, buiding inspectors, and arborists so someone can build a house.
  5. Edit.
  6. Cook.
  7. Drink.
7 things I cannot do:
  1. Hold a note.
  2. Vote for an authoritarian.
  3. Abide respectability worshippers, clever-dick hairsplitters, cynical nihilists, bigots, poseurs or fakes.
  4. Listen to the Bee Gees without feeling nauseous.
  5. Listen to Nick Smith without feeling nauseous.
  6. Listen to Fidel Castro at all.
  7. Swim to Australia.
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:
  1. Intelligence
  2. Passion
  3. Energy
  4. A soul
  5. Wit and humour
  6. Insight
  7. Big tits
7 things that I say most often:
  1. Ooh. A Crownie, thanks.
  2. Hey, who stole my [insert object sitting right in front of me].
  3. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Property and Happiness.
  4. For fucks sake!
  5. Unprincipled arsewipe!
  6. As X said...
  7. Bugger.
7 celebrity crushes:
  1. Diana Rigg
  2. Ingrid Bergman
  3. Audrey Hepburn
  4. ?
7 people I want to do this:
LibertyScott, Julian Pistorius, TinCanMan, Beethoven Pleydenwald, Alan Howard, Richard Goode

1 comment:

Deadman said...

Yer one up on me in the design/build a house department, although if I absolutely had to, I'm sure I could design one as well. I just wouldn't be able to use that etch-a-sketch, er, I mean, CAD toy of which you architects are so enamored!

And FOR FUCK'S SAKE, why are all my favorite blogs using this word verification crapola all of a sudden? It's a pain in the arse! (I gotta stop hanging out at NZ blogs!)