Saturday 1 October 2005

Books around the house

Here's a bunch of what I'm reading at the moment. If you're not interested, just turn the electronic page.

Putting Humans First: Why We Are Nature's Favorite, by Tibor Machan

Ludwig von Mises: The Man and His Economics, by Israel Kirzner

Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo

The Business of Ecology, ed. by Leigh Cato

The Essential Hemingway, by Ernest Hemingway

Music and the Mind, Anthony Storr

I'm enjoying all of them immensely. Do you generally have more than one book going at once? It's always worked that way for me.
Categories:

3 comments:

Rick said...

What? Only 6 at a time?

Oswald Bastable said...

Yep, I usually have a few out at any given time.

When I'm writing, I always have a stack of refference books and research material lying around the house.

Peter Cresswell said...

A third of the way through is plenty far enough for 'Catch 22.' It gets no better for reading any further. ;^)

The other two sound worth a read -- I have no doubt Dawkins does the topic justice.