Friday 22 December 2006

More writing tips

Nine tips on writing better blog posts come to you courtesy of Alan -- a more polite version of my own writing tips I posted the other day.

The aim of good writing is to say as much as you can with as little as you can get away with. You might want to consider Harry Binswanger's proposed new unit of measurement: a MicroRand (named after author Ayn Rand). The MicroRand is defined as the unit of writing in which one statist premise is blown one mile high in one sentence.

That is not an invitation to write longer sentences.

2 comments:

Alan Howard said...

Thanks for the link, Peter. :-)

Kane Bunce said...

Thanks, Peter. I always love to receive new writing advice. I took your advice to heart and I will read this advice and hope it is just as good.