Sunday 5 August 2007

Oops! Your slip is showing.

Audrey Young on John Boy's conference speech this morning:
11:45: Yikes! As blunders go, it doesn't get much worse than the one John Key just made in his first speech to the National Party conference as party leader. "
Under a Labour Government I lead, child abusers will be severely punished."
G-Man on the nature of Freudian Slips:
A far higher authority on psych recently defined a Freudian slip thus:
"Now a Freudian slip is where you say something you didn’t mean to, because of your subconscious mind. The example given is when you call your wife by your mistress’ name."
---Quite!
'Nuff said.UPDATE: DS tells me he's always liked this definition for Freudian Slip: "Saying one thing when you mean your mother".

3 comments:

Craig Ranapia said...

'Nuff said.

Promise? I expect no substance from the O'Herald, and am seldom disappointed, but you're generally a wee bit better.

Berend de Boer said...

Well, he will lead a Labour government won't he? I mean, who can distinguish Nationanl from Labour even in the good days, i.e. with someone like Don Brash as leader.

Anonymous said...

Two Freudian psycho-analysts are on their way to conference in Vienna. They arrive at a train station and the first analyst says to the second:
I'll go and get us some tickets.

He walks off and a few minutes later he returns, laughing to himself. The second analyst asks:
Why the giggling?

The first analyst replies:
I made a bit of a Freudian slip. When I went to the ticket counter, I was served by a beautiful woman in a low cut top, and instead of asking for two tickets, I asked her for two tits.

The two analysts chuckle for a bit, when the second analyst says to the first:
Funny, I did something similar this morning. I was having breakfast with my wife, and meant to say "could you pass me the butter, please dear", but instead I said "fuck you, you dirty skanky whore bitch, you completely ruined my life."