Friday 13 March 2009

Cramer vs Obama

madmoney Yesterday I posted a few hilarious links to the spat between the Daily Show’s Jon Stewart and CNBC’s Jim Cramer, just one of CNBC’s talking economists whose crystal ball has been failing him, and his viewers.

But it looks at least that Cramer, like his colleague Rick Santelli, has the balls to speak his mind, and to stand up against the onslaught of wealth destruction and redistribution from the new Obama Administration, and the opprobrium of the Obamessiah himself, who’s taken to personally attacking the increasing number of  media figures who criticise him.  Says Cramer in a recent column [HT2 Bob Tracinski]:

    Obama has undeniably made things worse by creating an atmosphere of fear and panic rather than an atmosphere of calm and hope….
   
I believe his agenda is crushing nest eggs around the nation in loud ways, like the decline in the averages, and in soft but dangerous ways, like in the annuities that can't be paid and the insurance benefits that will be challenging to deliver on.
   
So I will fight the fight against that agenda. I will stand up for what I believe and for what I have always believed: Every person has a right to be rich in this country and I want to help them get there. And when they get there, if times are good, we can have them give back or pay higher taxes. Until they get there, I don't want them shackled or scared or paralyzed. That's what I see now.
   
If that makes me an enemy of the White House, then call me a general of an army that Obama may not even know exists -- tens of millions of people who live in fear of having no money saved when they need it and who get poorer by the day.

Good on him for that.

No comments: