Monday 26 April 2010

More ‘Economics for Real People’ at Auckland Uni tomorrow night [updated]

UoA-ECon-002 I wanted to tell you about the second meeting tomorrow night of the Auckland Uni Economics Group

Tomorrow evening, they’ll be talking about the phenomenon that makes us all rich, but about which far too little is known: ‘The Division of Labour, and How it Makes Us All Rich.’

All welcome—especially non-students of economics who, unlike too many econ students (and their lecturers), have mostly retained the ability to talk sense.

Date: Tuesday 27th April

Where: Owen Glenn Building, Uni of Auckland, 12 Grafton Road, Auckland, 1010
(NB: Plenty of parking in the basement. Car park entry is off Grafton Rd)

Room: B5 260-051

Time: 6pm

Entry is Free!

For more information, any questions, or just to get on their regular email list, email UoAEconGroup@gmail.com

UPDATE: I’ve been reminded to tell you that everyone attending tonight goes in the draw to win a copy of Henry Hazlitt’s seminal book Economics in One Lesson.  So don’t miss out!

Share this post :

6 comments:

Hayden said...

Do you have free beers/wines afterwards? Are the economic lecturers hot looking females? I'll turn up if the answer is yes.

Peter Cresswell said...

@Hayden: You obviously missed the First Law of Economics:
TANSTAAFB/W.

:-)

Hayden said...

Ok, can I bring my own wines then (2)? One for me and one to be given to the lecturer if she's hot. I'll both to myself if she's not hot.

Hayden said...

I'll keep both bottles to myself and not to be gifted to the no so hot female lecturer.

Peter Cresswell said...

Feel free. :)

LGM said...

Hayden

As is happens there were some hot women at the last lecture. You'll need to be on your best behaviour though as they are very picky....

LGM