Monday 13 October 2014

Disruptive business: Paypal's Peter Thiel on technology entrepreneurs

I haven’t watched it myself yet, but our friend Suzuki Samurai reckons once you get through the intro blather, this is definitely worth a look: PayPal and Facebook investor Peter Thiel drawing lessons from his experiences as a startup investor about successful entrepreneurship and innovation.

Thiel argues that successful people find value in unexpected places. and that entrepreneurs and society benefit most when businesses create something new rather than copy existing models.

1 comment:

Angry Tory said...

"'I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.'"

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

"Since 1920, the vast increase in welfare beneficiaries and the extension of the franchise to women... have rendered the notion of “capitalist democracy” into an oxymoron."